[hpsdr] Thor

Steven Doyle steve_doyle at o2.co.uk
Thu Apr 30 07:56:28 PDT 2009

Hi Phil,

I know you have been thinking about kick starting the Thor project again, I was thinking of taking up the gauntlet and have been studying the subject and researching more modern power mosfets. I have attached some links to ones I think may be interesting. If no one is actively working then I will carry on with my own efforts, though I qualified as an elelectcal engineer I have been exclusively working on software for the past 20 years, so I am a little rusty. The last time I designed any hardware we did everything with PAL22V10s :)

http://www.directedenergy.com/pdf/rf-1150_data_sheet.pdf 1Kw 13.56Mhz evaluation board
http://www.ixysrf.com/pdf/switch_mode/de275x2_102n06a.pdf    The mosfet data sheet 1Kw capable !
http://www.datasheet4u.com/html/D/E/I/DEIC420-IXYSCorporation.pdf.html Ultrafast mosfet driver

cheers