[hpsdr] [FPGA_USB] Configuration question

Philip Covington p.covington at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 07:15:27 PDT 2006

Hi group,

Right now I have port C of the FX2 connected to the configuration pins
of the FPGA as well as the optional configuration EEPROM.  We can
program port C to be all inputs (at least the pins connected to the
configuration lines).  I am assuming that programming those port C
lines to be inputs will allow the external programmer or serial
configuration EEPROM to configure the FPGA (or EEPROM in the external
programmer case) without interference from the FX2.  I wonder if this
is a valid assumption or whether I would need to use something like a
bus switch to isolate port C from the configuration lines when the FX2
is not doing the configuring?

73 de Phil N8VB