[hpsdr] Names of various projects...

Philip Covington p.covington at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 09:06:44 PDT 2006

Hi group,

I guess we need to watch what we name our various HPSDR projects.

This is from the USRP newsletter, April 18, 2006:

"""""""""""""
New Daughterboard Naming and Contest

While we have never claimed to own the word "Flex", we have recently
received a Cease and Desist letter from a company which believes it does
own it.  FlexRadio Systems, a maker of HF and VHF SDR equipment for
amateur radio, has "requested" that we completely discontinue the use of
the word "Flex".  Not wishing to fight this, we have decided to comply.

In order to choose a new name for the Flex-series of daughterboards, we
have decided to have a naming contest.  To enter, please send your
suggestions to address at hidden with the subject "Contest".  On April
30th, we will choose the best entry, and from then on, the boards will
be known by the new name.  The winner will receive one free Flex-series
(oops, said it again...) daughterboard of their choice.  All decisions
are final.

Just to clarify the naming system, we have created this handy chart:

Old Name        Interim Name       Final Name
Flex400         DBFKA-Flex400      ????? 400
Flex900         DBWWHBC-Flex900    ????? 900
Flex2400        DBFKA-Flex2400     ????? 2400

Best of luck to all entrants!

73 de Phil N8VB