[hpsdr] Atlas Firs Light

Christopher T. Day CTDay at lbl.gov
Sat Apr 22 23:07:50 PDT 2006

Bulletin:

I have posted a picture - only 600x800 this time - of "First Light"
observed with the Atlas board.

http://www.hamsdr.com/personaldirectory.aspx?id=196

I got anxious to see something, so this is an early stage. The tantalum
capacitors are not installed because of the size issue I mentioned in
earlier e-mails. The ceramic bypass capacitors are all installed as well
as the dropping resistors and LEDs. I will do the DIN connectors next.
There is a jumper in the Power_On# position; no switch on hand. That's
all that's needed for this board.

My picoPSU-120 is plugged directly into the ATX power connector. There
is _no_ extra load resistor on the board. If you look carefully, you
will notice that only four of the five LEDs are lit on the Atlas board.
(The picoPSU has a red LED and a grenn LED of its own; green for power
applied and red for power on, apparently.) This, as it turns out, is not
wrong - the picoPSU only supplies -12V, not -5V and that's the LED that
is not lit. Voltages at J20 look fine.

Looking good! More pix to follow.

            Chris - AE6VK

P.S. - "First Light" is the term for the inaugural picture from a new
telescope.