[hpsdr] RoHS clarification

H. Gruchow horst at needles.de
Sat Apr 29 08:12:00 PDT 2006

Hi group,

I thought it would be time to do some clarification on what RoHS means for our project.
An excellent and easy to understand document explains what is meant:

http://www.vellemanusa.com/downloads/ROHSQandA_US.pdf

Velleman is a producer of all kinds of electronic kits.

Bare PCBs shipped to the EU do not have to be RoHS compliant. They are just parts, no
equipment. On the other side it might also be considered that assembled boards do not fall
under RoHS because for our project they could be considered test equipment.
RoHS is banning lead, cadmium, mercury, hexavalent chromium, polybrominated biphenyls
(PBB)and polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDE) from electronic equipment.

73
Horst
DL6KBF