[hpsdr] Lionheart ready

H. Gruchow horst at needles.de
Sat Apr 8 22:10:25 PDT 2006

Hi Cecil and the group,

yeah, the price is not bad if you reckon that they had to buy an official USB vendor ID
from the US for the incredible amount of approx. 2000 US$ (which they have).
So imho, you are not heading there, you already have arrived!!!!

Yes indead, the site is very interesting because for some of their other products like the
Spartan II FPGA board they are providing a lot of technical details including schematics
of the board as well as a programming environment.

Phil, what I find a nice idea is that they have brought out the i/o pins to headers around
the FPGA. That makes connecting of measuring equipment easy while the board is working
standalone or if you are working with a fully loaded ATLAS board with no additional
connection available.

I totally agree with what Eric said earlier in one of his postings. This project is so
fascinating that it has brought me back to electronic life (so to say). I have not in a
long time read so much literature (data sheets, user guides etc.) about the whole field of
new possibilities for SDR discovering something new every day.

By the way: the price of the Lionheart will stay well below 100 bucks including the board
as far as I can see from Phil's design.

73
Horst
DL6KBF