[hpsdr] [ATLAS] Another Altlas picture

Philip Covington p.covington at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 06:12:05 PDT 2006

On 4/12/06, Bill Tracey <bill at ewjt.com> wrote:
> After looking at Phil's pic with the board in it and seeing Chris' question
> on how tight are the cards, wondering if we might not need standoff
> mounting holes midway thru the board - about where C9 and C20 are.  I don't
> know how stiff the board is, wondering if there will be a tendency for the
> board to flex a bit when mounted and trying to pull out a card mounted in
> one of the center sockets.

Hi Bill,

I plugged in 6 3Ux220 boards into the Atlas last night before I left
work.  The board is stiff enough that there was no noticeable flexing
or deflection.  Having the 6 DIN41612 connectors  mounted stiffens the
board up also.  Still, it would not hurt to put two more mounting
holes if I can fit them in there.  I will look at that.

73 de Phil N8VB