[hpsdr] FW: hpsdr] [FPGA_USB] Review/Comments FPGA_USB Board -April 5, 2006

Christopher T. Day CTDay at lbl.gov
Thu Apr 13 07:09:03 PDT 2006

Phil,

Phil H. has already confirmed this, but the PIC is a general USB device;
how it appears to USB depends on the endpoint descriptors you program
into it. Presumably it comes with a COM device descriptor already there,
but that doesn't mean we have to stick with it.

This PIC device only goes up to Full Speed, not High Speed.

Well, this is a hobby, so I get to ride my hobby horse. Besides,
Isochronous Mode is _required_ for USB Audio Devices by the spec at
www.usb.org. I presume that means that any commercial USB audio box with
a logo _must_ be using Isochronous Mode; what I see in the Microsoft
Audio Device documentation seems to support that view. There is a lot
more involved than just the transfer speed; there is a lot of assumed
endpoint architecture as well.

Besides, it's my dead hobby horse and I intend to beat it. :)

	Chris - AE6VK