[hpsdr] FW: hpsdr] [FPGA_USB] Review/CommentsFPGA_USBBoard -April 5, 2006

Phil Harman pvharman at arach.net.au
Sat Apr 15 00:46:59 PDT 2006

Steve,

There is no reason why you can't use the Microchip C18 compiler - at least
the known bugs are well documented.

If you are interested in using bulk mode with the 18F4550 or 18F2550 then,
based my experience with using the 4550 in CDC mode, I would strongly
recommend that you start with some  simple loop back code to see what is the
maximum speed you can obtain in this mode.  You may find that it is well
short of what full speed USB is supposed to provide.

73's  Phil....