[hpsdr] [ATLAS]

Christopher T. Day CTDay at lbl.gov
Fri Apr 21 07:47:35 PDT 2006

Well, something's wrong, presumably at my end.
Please look at the picture
<
http://www.hamsdr.com/personaldirectory.aspx?id=186

and compare with Phil's at
<
http://p.covington.googlepages.com/IMG_1769.JPG

Also check
<
http://www.hamsdr.com/personaldirectory.aspx?id=185

for part # T491C106K025AS, which is what I have. By my reading, these
are 6032 capacitors, but they are much larger than what Phil has
mounted. They are so large that there is not enough space between them
to get an iron in to solder them. I foolishly tried to use a strip of
solder wick as a heat extension to melt the solder under the cap, but
primarily succeeded in shorting the two. To make matters worse, I pulled
up a pad trying to fix the short. [I feel like a complete idiot after
that fiasco.]

Anyway, the pictured caps are only resting there now. Since Phil wanted
me to try the picoPSU to see if it would work without a load resister,
after work I will continue with that sans the Tantalum capacitors.
Meanwhile, somebody more knowledgeable can see if they can figure out
why I've got the wrong size capacitors and suggest an alternate that
will fit.

Dang!

	Chris - AE6VK