[hpsdr] [ATLAS]

Ray Anderson ray.anderson at xilinx.com
Fri Apr 21 08:40:00 PDT 2006

>for part # T491C106K025AS, which is what I have. By my reading, these
>are 6032 capacitors, but they are much larger than what Phil has
>mounted. They are so large that there is not enough space between them
>to get an iron in to solder them. I foolishly tried to use a strip of
>solder wick as a heat extension to melt the solder under the cap, but
>primarily succeeded in shorting the two. To make matters worse, I
pulled
>up a pad trying to fix the short. [I feel like a complete idiot after
>that fiasco.]

	>Chris - AE6VK

Chris-

The 0.1 uF caps are 0805 parts (or 2012 in metric)

The 10uF cap mounting pads are just slightly farther apart than the 0805
pads. It looks like either a 0805 or a 1206 would fit.

The 6032 (metric) part is equivalent to a 2312 (inch) part which is
huge. I think this is the wrong size to use.

Depending on the manufacturer and cap type they can be designated in
either metric or inch sizes.

Here is a simple equivalency table:

Metric			Inch

2012  (2mm x 1.2mm)	0805 	(.08" X .05")
3216  (3.2mm x 1.6mm)	1206	(.12" x .06")
6032	(6mm x 3.2mm)	2312	(.23" X .12")

I think the Kemet Tantalum caps should be a T491R case size as opposed
to the T491C case size you are trying.

-Ray	WB6TPU