[hpsdr] Atlas First Light

Lyle Johnson kk7p at wavecable.com
Sun Apr 23 18:07:15 PDT 2006

> 1)     I doubt that it is worth the trouble to take out the -5VDC
> circuitry...

I agree, any changes should be due to a serious fault with the board --
something that means it won't work.

> 2)     I think I/O connectors should go on the edge of Atlas daughter
> boards that is away from the power connector...

I prefer they go on the edge that is opposite the DIN connector. If you
want to use card guides, for example.

> 3)     2-56 hardware seems good for attaching the DIN connectors...
> Screws, lockwashers and nuts ought to go on the BOM...

With 96 pins soldered to the backplane at each connector - or even 64 --
I doubt any hardware is needed.  No harm in using hardware, of course,
but I suspect it won't add much in the way of strength or protection.
It ought to be very stiff along the line of the connector.

Looks good, Chris. Hope the VNA tests go well!

73,

Lyle KK7P