[hpsdr] Atlas First Light

Christopher T. Day CTDay at lbl.gov
Sun Apr 23 23:23:39 PDT 2006

Lyle,

2) I kind of agree with you myself, but the last go-round argued for one
of the sides so the board length was not really limited. Your argument
for card guides is a good one, though, I think.

BTW, regarding which way the component side faces - Eric - remember that
the right-angle headers displace the board relative to the center of the
DIN connector. As PhilC had his card installed, the board is on the left
edge of the connector. This looks fine to me. Besides, we may have
components on both sides of some cards eventually. And even my argument
for the bottom edge for I/O connectors isn't all that strong. But we
_do_ have to agree on something.

3) The hardware at least helps keep the connector snug against the board
while soldering. And besides, how are your card guides held on?

	Chris - AE6VK