[hpsdr] [FPGA_USB] PCB Design

Lyle Johnson kk7p at wavecable.com
Mon Apr 24 07:46:55 PDT 2006

> The one thing we must have on the 'outside world' edge of the board is the b
> type USB connector, since this IS the connection to the PC. My thinking is
> to use a 68 pin HD SCSI connector, which I think should allow us the room
> and an commercial umbilical cable to come off to an external breakout board,
> I think the connectors are readily available, and commercial cables are also
> available.
>
> Dunno.... there is a lot coming off this board! (smile)

I'm getting really confused. I thought the majority of what came off the
board went to the ATLAS backplane.  We only needed a couple of
connectors or controls to the "outside world" - DE-9, USB, LEDs, encoders...

A 96-pin backplane plus a 68-pin SCSI connector plus a 64-pin DIN
connector plus a USB connector on a 4" square board -- where do we put
the parts? :-)

73,

Lyle KK7P