[hpsdr] Simplified Phoenix Diagram Rev 3

Ray Anderson ray.anderson at xilinx.com
Thu Aug 3 09:59:11 PDT 2006

After numerous comments and suggestions both on and off list regarding
the simplified block diagrams for Phoenix that I published a few days
ago, I've come up with a 3rd diagram viewable at:
http://wb6tpu.googlepages.com/phoenxirxtxsimplifiedblockdiagram .
Earlier I posed a question regarding a 'Good' performance option and an
'Excellent' performance option (whatever that means....), the currently
proposed diagram takes the 'Excellent' performance  fork.

This diagram incorporates many of the suggestions I received.  A couple
of they key changes are:

* AK5394A collocated with the ISD on the same PCB.

* Phoenix utilizes the USB connection on OZY

The diagram is simplified in that RF filters, amps, switching and
control circuitry are not shown.

Based on comments received on this proposed concept I'll come up with
another diagram that describes the proposed Phoenix board in more
detail.

73 de Ray  WB6TPU