[hpsdr] Include VNA capability in the Pheonix?

Rob Frohne frohro at wwc.edu
Mon Aug 28 08:37:18 PDT 2006

Hi Everyone,

It seems to me that we can include without much overhead at all vector
network analyzer capabilities in the Pheonix board.  While there are
other stand alone VNA options available (N2PK and IW3HEV), I think the
large dynamic range, and other good specs of the Pheonix will yield a
better VNA than those options.  The block diagram for a narrow band VNA
that fits our architecture is shown in a sketch I put on the web at:
Vector Network Analyzer Block Diagram
<http://frohro-g5.wwc.edu/%7Efrohro/VNA.jpg>

Have a look at it, and share your thoughts with us!

Tnx & 73,

Rob, KL7NA

--
Rob Frohne, Ph.D., P.E.