[hpsdr] COMCAST addresses

Don AE5K don at ae5k.us
Mon Aug 28 23:36:56 PDT 2006

We were able to circumvent the comcast blockage of YOUR discussion list
messages by giving all our list subscribers with comcast.net addresses
an alias address and using that to forward the traffic to their comcast
address.

This worked well until comcast decided to block the ip address of the
forwarding server too.

There is nothing more I can do about this.  In fact, I've spent way too
many hours already trying to get the mail through to comcast.net customers.

There are several things that comcast.net customers on this list CAN do:

1. Of course, you can always try complaining that your legitimate email
is being blocked by their not very well thought out blockage.  Good
luck!  (Notice I was gentle with my words here!)

2. You can resign yourself to reading the HPSDR list messages in the
archive.

3. You can get yourself a different email address and subscribe to the
HPSDR list with it.  Although I don't like it too well personally,
"gmail" offers free pop3 mailboxes, accessible via either a mail program
(via pop3) or a web browser.  They even allow forwarding of mail from
your gmail address (so you might try doing that -- forward to your
comcast address -- until comcast blocks that too).  To sign up for
gmail, you need an "invite" -- there are many on this list who have them
to give out for the asking.  I have something like 99 left ;-)   If
you'd like one, please email me DIRECTLY (not via list).  There are
other free mail handlers besides gmail.

For the rest of the almost 400 list subscribers, sorry you are being
bothered by this.  AOL addresses are probably next to be blocked.  To
the 15 or so comcast.net subscribers, I wish I could more, but I believe
the action is yours to take now.

Don AE5K
HPSDR Discussion List Administrator