[hpsdr] MDS

Robert McGwier rwmcgwier at comcast.net
Fri Aug 11 13:25:32 PDT 2006

It is my personal design preference to have an extremely well design
preamplifier capable of delivering whatever minimum noise figure we want
on HF.  We then raise the noise figure to accommodate different
antenna,  QTH, etc. noise environments with the use of attenuators.  If
we use an excellent Output IP3 design,  we can get increased input IP3
with these attenuators that allow the noise floor of the receive system
to more nearly match the ambient temperature.  I see no reason to change
my opinion at this time.

My experiences at FN20rg vary from exactly what Ulrich sees on 17 meters
to occassionally as bad or worse than John has seen on the 10 meter
band.  Versatility would be the key since I think it is easy enough for
us to be versatile.

73's
Bob
N4HY