[hpsdr] Flux sources?

Ray Anderson ray.anderson at xilinx.com
Thu Aug 17 12:05:43 PDT 2006

-----Original Message-----

>Two that I know of are Wassco http://www.wassco.com and
>Techni-Tool http://www.techni-tool.com.

>They both carry extensive lines of soldering supplies and
>tools, including soldering paste and syringes.

>I have purchased soldering paste syringes from Techni-Tool and
>they will ship it overnight in a cold pack.

>Techni-Tool has a $50 minimum order.  I don't know if Wassco does too,
>but probably.

>George Medakovich ke5dng

Wasco doesn't have a minimum charge, but if you are buying solder paste
they require it to be shipped overnight in a refrigerated condition for
a mere $55.95 shipping. (as opposed for $5.95 for regular ground
shipping). For a $15 syringe of paste this doesn't make much sense
financially.

The refrigeration requirement is made so they can ensure the commercial
specs of the product, but as a practical matter for homebrewers the
refrigeration and overnight shipping aren't really required. But I doubt
that they will waive the requirement... The overnight refrigerated
shipping on solder paste would apply to any vendor.

You can order small syringes of solder past from Cash Olson KD5SSJ at
http://www.zianet.com/erg/ShopSolderPaste.html  for $5.63 (shipping
included)

The water soluble flux (@ about $28 per gallon) can be shipped via
regular ground service.