[hpsdr] Some more ideas on reflow oven

Darrell Harmon dlharmon at dlharmon.com
Sat Aug 19 20:20:00 PDT 2006

On Sat, Aug 19, 2006 at 07:30:41PM -0700, peter at gehughes.us wrote:

> Just ran across this,,maybe it can still be used
>

> http://www.circuitcellar.com/library/print/0704/Lacoste_168/index.htm
>
> Peter

You may want to consider the MAX6675 SPI thermocouple interface. It is
much cheaper thatn the part in the article and simpler to use. The
distributors don't stock it, but Maxim will send samples. I use it in
my reflow controller. It uses so little power it can run off of a
logic line set high on my laptop's parallel port. I use another line
to control a relay for the ovens heater. The oven is a cheap sunbeam
with quartz elements. I think I paid $20 for it.

The very simple schematic and code is at
http://dlharmon.com/solder/toaster.tar.gz

I have successfully soldered 4 BGA parts with this setup including
one 0.8mm pitch lead free one.

--
Darrell Harmon
http://dlharmon.com