[hpsdr] ISD Theory References?

Rob Frohne frohro at wwc.edu
Thu Aug 31 11:07:57 PDT 2006

Hi Phil,

So if I understand right, the difference you make between the QSD and
the ISD is more a circuit level thing than a functional block level
thing?  I understand your analysis of the impedance issues.

Ahti, your circuit seems like it should give a lot better noise figure.
If you take an SDR-1000, and do the same measurement with it, it seems
to me you should get roughly a noise level of about -160dbm.  (I assume
you can roughly hear a 1uV signal into 50 ohms with a 2.3 kHz bandwith
to get this.)  I assume you have measured this?  Is this what you get?

Phil,  I'm curious if you have actually built your preferred circuit.

Thanks for filling me in!

73,

Rob, KL7NA