[hpsdr] Odyessey-Siren Rev B.

Graham Haddock grahamh at verizon.net
Mon Dec 18 19:38:08 PST 2006

All:

1.) In reading the schematics for the Siren Rev. B board, and comparisons
to the Rev A design, I note that the ISD (QSD) is a 180 degree switch as
compared to the 90 degree switch used in the Rev. A board.

As I understand the operation of these switching detector/mixers,
this will result in an extra 2 dB decrease in gain/NF or so in the
conversion process.

Is there a reason for doing this, or since it is intended to be used as
a fixed IF, is it far enough back in the receiver that you don't care?

2.) How would I get to put my name on the list of people that could
get one of the early Rev. B boards for test/evaluation purposes?

Thanks,
--- Graham / KE9H

==