[hpsdr] CASMIR Microdesign v4.0

Alex harvilchuck at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 9 18:48:12 PDT 2006

Major changes in the CASMIR design.

It has been split into two boards,and HF version and a VHF+ version. If the receiver boards are only going to initially support 0-30 MHz, then it makes sense to have an HF only version. So thus two designs and two boards. They are available in PDF format at:

http://www.hamsdr.com/personaldirectory.aspx?id=373

The HF design is basically unchanged, but now on a separate board

The VHF+ design has been moved it it's own board and reworked. Since it only has to support down to 50 MHz it has opened up the ability to use the ADL5390 Vector Multiplier teamed up with a 90 degree Phase Splitter to function as a basic I/Q Modulator.

The LOs are still up in the air, but I'm waiting for the HORTON LO design to come out.

Anyone is welcome to jump in and help with the design.

Alex, N3NP