[hpsdr] FW: Entering the world of SMT soldering!

Thompson_Peter at emc.com Thompson_Peter at emc.com
Tue Jul 18 06:13:29 PDT 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: Thompson, Peter
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 9:00 AM
To: peter at gehughes.us
Subject: RE: [hpsdr] Entering the world of SMT soldering!

Peter,

Thanks for the link to the esd info.

Yes, my paper capacitor worked well - I did say it was a blast!

You mean that arc from the tip of the iron isn't there to help melt the
solder? Dohh!

Actually, at my basement workbench in MA in 90+ degree summertime heat and
humidity, I'd be lucky to generate any sparks (other than those of hpsdr
creativity).

Pete