[hpsdr] Waiting for breakfast (bacon and eggs)

Duane - N9DG n9dg at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 23 07:16:26 PDT 2006

Put me on the list for fully assembled and tested board(s).
I'd even be happier with complete enclosures. Board level
kits are fine (like "building" a PC is). I waited to jump on
the SDR-1000 bandwagon until there was an enclosure and
prefab board level 'kit'. I waited on the TNC2 until there
were commercial manufactured versions of it. Could I do the
surface mount stuff (have built several DEMI uW kits),
probably, do I want to ... nope. Why? in one word, ... I'm
lazy...

I have numerous projects sitting on the shelf waiting to be
completed. So for me the closer the pieces are to being ready
to go the more likely it is that I will actually get around
to getting it done. Even then having completed boxes are no
guarantee that I will get them on the air. But at least they
stand a fighting chance ;)...

So for now I'll just patiently wait for this highly
experimental phase to be completed. But I'll be lurking in
the shadows watching for the fully assembled boards with
case(s) to come along. When that happens I'll be one of the
first in line to order, quite possibly for several units...

Duane
N9DG