[hpsdr] Janus Lives!!

Phil Harman pvharman at arach.net.au
Mon Jul 3 05:44:48 PDT 2006

All,

I've just completed the CPLD software for the Alpha Janus board and the
results are spectacular.

The image below is of the Janus sampling at 48kHz.  As you can see the noise
floor is at a spectacular -159dBm (it actually hovers around -160dBm but
that is when I captured the screen). As you can see there are absolutly no
spurs in the passband.

The file name is "Janus noise floor.jpg"  for those that have a problem with
getting files from www.hamsdr.com

http://www.hamsdr.com/personaldirectory.aspx?id=348

The second screen shot is at 48kHz in spectrum mode. Again no spurs and the
signal at 0Hz is -120dBm. This drops below the band noise when I connect the
SDR1000 hardware.

http://www.hamsdr.com/personaldirectory.aspx?id=349

The file name is "Janus spectrum.jpg"

I still have some more tests to do as well as testing  at 96/192kHz but so
far all is looking great.

There are a small number of minor changes to the prototype PCB which will be
addressed shortly.  My sincere thanks to Lyle KK7P for doing such a great
job on the PCB design, Bill KD5TFD for the PowerSDR software modifictions so
Janus will work with it and help with the Verilog coding and all those who
helped me up the FPGA learning curve.

Onwards to OZY!!

73's Phil...VK6APH