[hpsdr] Cypress USB Problem

Jason Hitesman jason at hitesman.com
Tue Jul 4 17:05:30 PDT 2006

On 7/4/06, Lyle Johnson <kk7p at wavecable.com> wrote:

> Is there a live CD distro for Linux that I can drop into my computer,
> then attach Ozy and have it automatically report USB-ish things to me?

I've been fairly happy with Ubuntu running as a virtual machine under VMware
on my windows notebook.  USB devices are supposed to work but I haven't
experimented with that yet.

Still trying to get dttsp to build but I seem to be having some problems
with Jack, I couldn't find all the Ubuntu packages and building from source
something seems to go wrong when I try to link to the libraries.  I'm sure
it's something simple but I haven't had much time to dig into it.

I grabbed the 5.10 "virtual appliance" from VMware along with the free
player - then once it was up and running used it's own tools to update it to
6.06.  Alsa and sound worked out of the box but Jack has been a pain to get
figured out.  So I haven't got to try any SDR on it just yet.

Still being a virtual machine you don't have to reboot, and you don't even
need to burn a CD.  Performance seems to be at least on a par with bootable
CD versions of Linux I've used before.