[hpsdr] More Janus results

Phil Harman pvharman at arach.net.au
Thu Jul 6 06:52:28 PDT 2006

I've now completed testing the prototype Janus board at both 96k and 192k and the results are very good.

This image is at 96kHz  (Janus 96.jpg)

http://www.hamsdr.com/personaldirectory.aspx?id=351

and this at 192kHz (Janus 192k.jpg)

http://www.hamsdr.com/personaldirectory.aspx?id=352

What is really pleasing is at 192k there is no sign of the 48k clock feeding the TLV320 Codec which was a problem with my breadboard. The total lack of spurs is a credit to Lyle's PCB layout skills!

By using the automatic calibration function on the AK5394A chip I've also been able to reduce the DC offset by a futher 10dB.

All the other Janus board functions check out OK so looks like we have a 100% functional Alpha PCB.

73's Phil...VK6APH