[hpsdr] GIBRALTAR LO generation question

Alex harvilchuck at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 6 18:25:27 PDT 2006

Lyle,
There are three devices on CASMIR that require a LO

the Analog Devices AD8345 Modulator uses a LO from 140MHz to 1000MHz
the Analog Devices AD8349 Modulator uses a LO from 700MHz to 2700MHz
and the Pericom PI5V331 has the same basic requirements as the SDR-1000 except the need to support the 70MHz band.

Granted that the entire LO range is not needed for the two Modulators.

I can put in a LO circuit that will take advantage of the 10MHz differential reference signal that is to be available on ATLAS, but I know there was a significant level of discussion going on regarding availability of a centrally-generated uWave LO to be distributed off ATLAS.

I'm just trying to get CASMIR out the door while I have some time available.

Alex, N3NP