[hpsdr] CASMIR Microdesign v3.6

Ray Anderson ray.anderson at xilinx.com
Fri Jul 7 12:59:44 PDT 2006

>Dear Alex,

>I am wondering if the PI5V331 chips are so suitable for UHF and above..

>why not using hittite switches? They go DC to xx GHz.. depending on the

>one you choose.. for instance 8-fold switch for DC to 2.5 GHZ:

>http://www.hittite.com/product_info/product_specs/switches/hmc253qs24.p
df

>including 3 to 8 TTL decoder. And: +5V single supply and user friendly
>package (this SMD package still has leads :) )

>73s Achim, DH2VA

Achim-

The Hittite switch chip you reference may be applicable as an RF switch
to route the outputs of the AD8345/49 chips to the BPF's but I think the
internal 50 ohm loads in the chip will make it inappropriate for use in
QSE service on the HF side as shown in the CASMIR block diagram. Someone
correct me if I'm wrong.

-Ray	WB6TPU