[hpsdr] something for all to read

Robert McGwier rwmcgwier at comcast.net
Sat Jul 8 09:37:05 PDT 2006

Great! Okay on the mixer. That is a great IP3 given that low lo input ! HI.

Gerald went to Friedrichshafen, I could not go this year but I will
next. He spent a lot of time talking to designer of the PT-8000. It
almost makes me wish I could justify 25000 €!

Please tell me which specific mixer you are referring to and will look
at it on the web page. Great on the YIG work. The spectrummwave
offerings do appear to be top notch. And it is good to have a friendly
face in these places. I commonly refer to them as "Low friends in a high
place".

Best 73's and have a nice weekend,
Bob
N4HY

KA2WEU at aol.com wrote:

> http://www.hilberling.de/produkte/pt-8000a.htm
> Hi Bob
> I will follow up on this. We make a number of YIG replacement
> oscillators , and i will send a set of measurement to all. We use the
> R&S Phase noise meter FSUP and its Agilent 8 GHz brother (som to speak)
> For mixer, our top is up to 50 dBm IP3 with 0 dBm LO input, a really
> good device for the radio above !!!
> 73 de N1UL

"An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be
made in a very narrow field."  Niel's Bohr