[hpsdr] Horton with Trumpet??

Bill Tracey bill at ewjt.com
Mon Jul 10 17:55:42 PDT 2006

The 100mW in 5 watt out bit can be had from HFProjects.com  -- see their
newsletter section.  They've got a 100mw to 5 watt amp originally intended
as a pre amp for a 100 watt amp, but it can also be built with a filter
board to run 5 watts to an antenna (SlimGem project).   I've got one of
these in my stack of things to build.   I built their original HF Packer
Amp a few years back for my 1 watt SDR and have been quite happy with it.

To use this with HPSDR @ the 5 watt level we'd probably have to add T/R and
band selection logic to it.  The 100 watt gizmo they've got is auto sensing
so may not need a lot of interfacing work.

Regards,

Bill (kd5tfd)

At 07:34 PM 7/10/2006, Lyle Johnson wrote:
><....>
>I'd rather see 100 mW or some other power level suitable for driving a 5
>to 10 watt output PA.    <....>
>
>I suspect boosting 100 mW to 5W+ is not a big deal in a push-pull linear
>Maybe someone needs to take on the HF PA with bandpass filters, etc., as
>a project?  I know there already exists the HF packer amp, and perhaps
>others of similar ilk, but they tend to be a little messy to deal with.
>Having the PA and bandpass filters, with T/R switch as an integrated
>assembly on a single PC board that is easily assembled, and directly
>controlled by I2C or SPI or ??? has appeal.  Maybe borrow a page from
>the K2 Tx lineup?  Maybe with the G6ALU amplifier as the core?

<....>
73,