[hpsdr] OZY Alpha Prototype Status

Philip Covington p.covington at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 05:56:52 PDT 2006

On 7/10/06, pvharman at arach.net.au <pvharman at arach.net.au> wrote:
> Hi Phil,
>
> Thanks for the update. I'll start building the OZY board this week after
> fixing a few 'features' in the Janus Verilog code.
>
> How will we load data into the FPGA/CPLD, will this be a command line function
> or along the lines of what comes with the Xylo board?
>
> 73's Phil....

Hi Phil,

There will be both a command line utility (borrowed from USRP) and one
written in C# that will compile with either VS 2005 or Mono (for both
Windows and Linux).

You use the libUSB driver much like you use the Cypress driver in the
Xylo code now.  The only real difference is that instead of opening a
handle to the Cypress driver you will open a handle to libUSB driver.
The code from that point on is basically identical.

73 de Phil N8VB