[hpsdr] test equipment

Alex harvilchuck at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 11 06:05:24 PDT 2006

Tom,
Thanks for the comments. Here's my thoughts in answer to your points.

1. rf to receiver -73 db with usb or lsb to check  either level

The output of the QSE would be monitored with an AD8317 detector. The output of which would be fed back to the MAX II and ultimately back to the host computer software. The host computer software would have a nice little software meter showing power levels. Depending on the filter/amplifier board design, similar power level signals could be passed back via the CASMIR Transmitter Sequencing connector so they too can be sent to the host computer for display. For stand-alone mode SASQUATCH would have to drive a physical meter to display.

 2. audio to chase thru all the ckts and a way to  measure the results going thru

CASMIR is only seeing the I/Q PWM signals generated by OZYMANDIAS. So I'm not sure on what audio you want to chase thru the system.

 3. mike level check with a read out of some  kind

Should be done within the host computer software before the I/Q PWM is generated by OZYMANDIAS

 4. a relay output for keying an amp
 5. a relay out for blinking a led for the on the  air sign

4 and 5 are taken care of by CASMIR's Transmitter Sequencing connector.

 6. a place to put a volume control knob for us hard  of hearing .

 7. what else is needed to make this a hardware  guy's radio that he  can see if it is working !

6 & 7 are done in the host computer software or in SASQUATCH for stand-alone mode.

Alex, N3NP

       after watching all the development for all the  boards that gives a reason to have some kind of self checking mode or signals to  prove that the levels are right.
 1. rf to receiver -73 db with usb or lsb to check  either level
 2. audio to chase thru all the ckts and a way to  measure the results going thru
 3. mike level check with a read out of some  kind
 4. a relay output for keying an amp
 5. a relay out for blinking a led for the on the  air sign
 6. a place to put a volume control knob for us hard  of hearing .
 7. what else is needed to make this a hardware  guy's radio that he  can see if it is working !

 my 3.55555555555 cents worth

 tom
 w0kgw at citlink.net
HPSDR Discussion List