[hpsdr] Code::Blocks and SDCC for OZY firmware

Philip Covington p.covington at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 06:04:42 PDT 2006

On 7/13/06, Bill Tracey <bill at ewjt.com> wrote:
> Code Blocks looks OK to me  -- he who writes the code tends to get a 51%
> vote on the tools to use!
>
> I'll admit to being partial to xemacs and a command line, but should be
> fine with Code Blocks.  Look like I've got some tools to get installed.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bill (kd5tfd)

Hi Eric, Bill,

I wasn't really worried too much about you guys since you can build
the stuff with the tools you are familiar with.  I actually had the
firmware built before I downloaded Code::Blocks with make and the
command line.

I was more concerned with the curious and/or hobbyist who would like
to see how the firmware works or might want to take a stab at making a
change.  Since Code::Blocks knows a little about the SDCC compiler -
like automatically going out and finding it's path if installed - I
figured it might make it easier to get the command line switches right
for someone who is not familiar with SDCC (since they are stored as
part of the project).

Code::Blocks doesn't impact the c code at all so you can continue to
use any tool you are familiar with.  It also spits out a makefile so
you don't need to compile the code from a Code::Blocks project.  I
personally prefer working from the command line most of the time for
quick changes...

73 de Phil N8VB