[hpsdr] OZY Startup Info

Lyle Johnson kk7p at wavecable.com
Mon Jul 17 08:49:45 PDT 2006

> To summarize:
>
> The CK170 part has the ANODE marked.
>
> The CK171 part has the CATHODE marked.
>
> Don't ask me why LITEON cannot be consistent in their marking...or why
> other manufacturers cannot use some standard...  I always do what Phil
> H did - use a DMM to check polarity before soldering to be sure.

Speaking of consistency, we need to be consistent in how we mark LED
polarity on the silkscreen.  If we are going to standardize on 0805 LEDs
and an "a" at the anode, so be it.  I normally associate special marking
at the cathode end, with a thick bar, for example.

I bring this up only because I am adding LEDs to Janus. Sasquatch will
probably have a few as well, just because...

73,

Lyle KK7P