[hpsdr] Testing the Boards

Bill Tracey bill at ewjt.com
Mon Jul 17 21:31:01 PDT 2006

Hi Bruce -- I think most of us bringing this stuff up are trying to write
up the gotcha's we see and the little test tools.  I've done test images
for the FPGA on Ozy and the CPLD on Janus and they are in SVN.   They
simply take a clock in on one pin and divide it down and put different
freqs on the output pins.  Makes it simple to validate the chip is
correctly soldered by running around with a scope.

I also know Phil C's got some Ozy test routines in SVN as well.

We're also trying to keep decent builders notes and needed changes lists on
the wiki - so far that seems to be going pretty good.

Cheers,

Bill