[hpsdr] To kit or not to kit...............

Eric Ellison ecellison at comcast.net
Sun Jul 23 15:09:29 PDT 2006

Folks!

OK.... I am declaring myself the 'production manager' of HPSDR. I think Bob
N4HY says "Benevolent Dictator". I have enjoyed the responses, and seen that
the reflector is NOT the way to poll a group of 300 creative folks. I'll
work on that! In the meantime I WILL work on getting the hardware IP to the
3 to 4 hundred customers with TAPR (I am a TAPR) help. I'll try to cover
choices A thru D, but if not, Tough nuggits.... We WILL cover 95 to 98
percent of the customers, and try to pick up the roughs on an individual
basis. To be fair, I don't think we can get to the granularity of mounting
parts 1, 15, 72 and 367! One way or the other you will get your 'kits' or
'assembled units'. Assembled SMT + Parts, will be the primary option.

Shel, you have been "spot on" on all your comments. Let's get back to the
technical discussion of "Low end RX/TX board for HPSDR". Also I AM looking
for the next installment of Proteus, Mercury, Sasquatch! That Is the
discussion at hand! Let Horst do the documentation and I'll do the
production with TAPR.

Off to talk to Lyle about alpha->production! He just needs a lil more
confidence in the marvel he has produced. Likewise Phil_C! If it works let's
produce it. If it fails, try Red wires across the surface, If that don't
work, buy the next one! Life is a risk, especially when we are on the edge,
and we WANT something!

Shel, Rick, your floor to develop! We'll produce it!

Eric