[hpsdr] Parallel port replacement - help needed

pvharman at arach.net.au pvharman at arach.net.au
Mon Jul 31 18:58:09 PDT 2006

Parallel port replacement

We need some assistance with devleoping a parallel port replacement so we can
control the SDR1000 over the OZY USB interface.  With this in place we will
have a single USB interface between the  PC and SDR1000 carrying all audio and
control signals.

What we need is someone to document the format of the data that needs to be
sent from the PC to the SDR1000 hardware for each function and also what is
sent back from the SDR1000 to the PC.  For example, send a byte with these
bits set to select 20m, send x bytes with these values to set the radio to
14.00000MHz.

>From the PC end it may be possible to reuse the existing USB functions but I’m
not sure how much processing is done in the existing USB-Parallel adapter
which we may not want, or be able, to duplicate.

The data format  can be worked out by looking at the SDR1000 circuit diagram
and the hardware code in PowerSDR.

Once this is documented  we already  have a Verilog volunteer raring to go.

The usual rewards of unlimited fame and glory awaits the successful applicant.

73's Phil...VK6APH