[hpsdr] Parallax Propeller

H. Gruchow horst at needles.de
Thu Jun 1 12:21:16 PDT 2006

Hi group,

once again I would like to draw your attention towards this outstanding chip.

http://www.parallax.com/propeller/

Eight 32bit processors are working in this chip and some kind of internal rotary switch is
sequentially connecting them to the bus with a max speed of up to 60 MHz. The processors
themselves can run up to 128 MHz.

You can get instant video or audio output plus usb connection plus plus plus with only a
few external resistors. It has 32 K ROM plus 32 K RAM.
The best thing is the free development environment which is really simple to use (even I
could almost immediately understand it). And it already has some basic applications
programmed like e.g. frequency synthesis (might be interesting for us).

Price: 25 US$; delivery starting midth of June.
I have ordered 2 of them.

73
Horst
DL6KBF