[hpsdr] Digikey costed out BOM (qty 1) for Janus (preliminary)

Bill Tracey bill at ewjt.com
Sun Jun 4 21:29:08 PDT 2006

I priced out the BOM Chris posted with Digikey and it comes to $95.26  for
all of the parts Digikey carries and uplifted to minimum quantities
(typically 10 on the passives).  The AK5394A  (approx 14-17) is not on this
BOM nor are some things that Digikey does not carry and some passives the
values are still TBD on.

Most expensive item on it at the moment is the LTC1128 op amps
@  $8.63/per.  (These can be had cheaper at this quantity direct from LT,
or Digikey matches LT's pricing at qty 100 )   I know Lyle's going to try a
cheaper part for this one.

We should be able to get the price down a bit doing some group buys on the
parts once we get some idea of how many people are going to be looking to
build the board and we get   For example,. the passive will get much
cheaper (40%?) at qty 100.   The 24.576 osc drops to $2.25 (from $3) at qty
100.

If someone want to look at this in Digikey, the input file I'm using for
Digikey's text file import is at the bottom of this note.

Regards,

Bill (kd5tfd)

-- BOM text file to import into Digikey (My Digikey->text file import)
22,495-2237-1-ND,Janus
30,PCC1864CT-ND,Janus qn(21)
9,495-2268-1-ND,Janus
10,PCC471CGCT-ND, Janus qn(5)