[hpsdr] Admin: Reflector Notes

Don AE5K don at ae5k.us
Sat Jun 10 07:59:41 PDT 2006

A few brief notes to readers and subscribers of this
Reflector/Discussion_List:

1. If the volume of messages become too great for you, there are several
alternatives besides unsubscribing.  Use the web page interface to your
subscription (link is always shown at bottom of all list messages) and
you may either go to a digest format (bunching a lot of postings into
one email, sent out one or more times per day) or you may also opt to
stay subscribed but not receive mail.  The links at bottom also will
lead you to the archives where you may read any messages of interest.

2. We're nearly up to 250 on our list.  Recently message traffic and
digest frequency has been high.  Please, when posting a message,
consider the time of over 200 of your fellow hams and take a few moments
to trim quotes from previous messages to that really needed.  Your
thoughtfulness and courtesy *shows* !

3. Wiki: over 2600 "hits" in a month.  You do NOT need any log-in to
read it.  Those who need to edit are granted log-in capabilities.  The
wiki will nearly always be more current than the website pages.

4. In attempting to fight unsolicited commercial email, some ISPs are
mistakenly using blacklisting organizations.  If you find that you are
suddenly not receiving HPSDR discussion list traffic, check the archive
first for lost messages, and if it persists more than several days,
please contact me directly and we'll look into it.  Dreamhost is our
hosting provider and is quite large -- all it takes is for one stupid
customer to send UCE, have it get reported/blacklisted, and we all suffer.

As always, reports of web/wiki errors, broken links, suggestions, and
any problems with the discussion list can be sent directly to me.

73,
Don Jackson, AE5K
HPSDR Discussion List Administrator / Webmaster / Wiki-Sysop