[hpsdr] picoPSU Noise Test #2a - Looking good!

Christopher T. Day CTDay at lbl.gov
Sun Jun 11 22:18:18 PDT 2006

I've done several things for this test.

1) I've opened the MP3+ box and verified that it has no internal
shielding at all.

2) I've put a 2ohm load on the 5V rail to give the PSU something to do.

3) I've followed Ahti's suggestions:

	a) Preamp at "High" [I wouldn't have thought that would matter
much for audio card pickup, but can't hurt, I guess.]
	b) Moved the MP3+ as far away from all power supplies as cable
lengths would allow for the reference measurement.
	c) Placed the open MP3+ on top of the loaded picoPSU for the
noise measurement.

A picture of the noise measurement set up is at:
<
http://www.hamsdr.com/personaldirectory.aspx?id=325

The results are in the RTF (WordPad) file at:
<
http://www.hamsdr.com/personaldirectory.aspx?id=327

This is looking _much_ more promising, at least until someone tells me
how I'm fooling myself. I don't see any change at all.

	Chris - AE6VK