[hpsdr] SHARC samples

Leon Heller leon.heller at bulldoghome.com
Wed Jun 14 05:27:50 PDT 2006

My SHARC samples have just materialised. They took several weeks, probably
because it's a new device - ADSP-21262 - and it's lead-free. I'll have to
get the GNU tools made available by ADI working before I can really use
them, although I could hand-assemble some simple test programs like I used
to do in the good old days when development tools were very expensive and
there weren't any alternatives. I can get 60 days out of the the Visual DSP
evaluation toolset, anyway.

Data sheet is here:
<
http://www.analog.com/UploadedFiles/Data_Sheets/462724356ADSP_21262_b.pdf

The ADSP-21262 is the first of a new range of low-cost third-generation DSPs
intended for low-cost audio use, and has two 32-bit ALUs (integer and FP)
using a SIMD architecture. There is 2 Mbit on-chip RAM and 4 Mbit ROM. I'll
ask one of my contacts at ADI UK if they've put anything in the ROM of the
chips I've got.

BTW, these are in 144 lead LQFP. BGA is available for those who like that
sort of thing. Lead pitch is 0.5 mm, which I can manage quite well at home.
I've come up with a simple technique for prototyping with this type of
device, using a double-sided PCB with a continuous ground plane on the top.

73, Leon
--
Leon Heller, G1HSM
leon.heller at bulldoghome.com