[hpsdr] Off topic - & probably a really dumb question!

Gerda & Kevin g5rda at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Jun 14 11:59:57 PDT 2006

While preparing to melt solder for Atlas / Janus & Ozy, I’ve been
experimenting with DDS and I & Q generation. I’m using a Valpey Fisher
200Mhz surface mount clock oscillator ( VF561 ). The data sheet clearly
states the output(s) need biasing to VCC-2V.

It’s a 5V device and I’m biasing the output and complementary output with 2
resistor voltage dividers (5V – 1K – ocs output – 1K5 – 0V). The oscillator
just wont lock, what am I doing wrong? How should I bias this device? Any
suggestions (please!). I'm going round in circles & loosing sleep!

Kevin
M0KHZ