[hpsdr] Blackfin (Re: ADSP-21369)

Ramakrishnan Muthukrishnan vu3rdd at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 21:32:29 PDT 2006

On 6/17/06, Leon Heller <leon.heller at bulldoghome.com> wrote:

> I've almost finished the schematic for a simple board using the AD73332
> codec (I've got a couple), just to get something up and running as quickly
> as possible. The intention is to include an FPGA and ADC front end making a
> self-contained, very small, very high-performance SDR.

Leon and others,

I would like to try my hand at a simple blackfin BF533 based board
with just a codec and some memory on board. I will be interested to
look at your schematics for ideas.

This cool guy is trying to do a lot of stuff on Blackfin:

 http://www.rowetel.com/blog/

Dave has ported asterisk (a free VoIP gateway software) into Blackfin
STamp board and designed SLIC interface cards for it to make a small
self-contained telephone gateway system, all using freely
downloadable, freely modifyable software available off-the-shelf for
anybosy who has an internet connection. That's the real beauty of it,
IMHO.

--
    Ramakrishnan - VU3RDD