[hpsdr] Report from Fredrichshafen

ecellison at comcast.net ecellison at comcast.net
Fri Jun 23 20:42:43 PDT 2006

Hi folks
Exciting hamfest and also exciting place in the world to be! Country is absolutly beautiful. People are wonderful! Gerald - K5SDR gave an SDR presentation on the SDR-1000 to standing room only crowd of about 250-300 people. They drug chairs in from other meeting rooms and lined the halls. Klaus and Heino are manning the Waters-Stanton booth with an SDR-1000 set-up and the Truly amazing Beppe - IK3VIG has a beautiful display of SDR in Italy with Winradio and SDR-1000 demonstrations.
I met Horst and his wife yesterday and he brought the French translation of the HPSDR manual which I marched over to the French Radio club booth and placed on the table, with a pack of business card sized list of links. I also placed Atlas and Janus bound manuals at the Swiss boot and Beppe's booth with a stack of cards showing links. Horst has done a fabulous job with the manuals.
I have delivered all the Atlas and Pinnochio boards requested and I think everyone was impressed!
Eric - AA4SW