[hpsdr] Atlas payment address

Eric Ellison ecellison at comcast.net
Sun Jun 4 20:21:27 PDT 2006

Frank

Yes, my address will be on the packaging. I am also good at ARRL and QRZ.
I'll also publish the address here. I should have put it in the Terms and
Conditions Document.

Eric Ellison

5276 East Shore Drive

Conyers, GA 30094

It was my feeling as I watched this marvelous project unfold that it would
have difficulty if we did not have some mechanism to get to the first base,
which is the Atlas. Group buys, take a long time and are difficult to
manage, so I decided to upfront the initial board cost of about $2000. I
didn't expect 400 boards, but am thrilled at that many, so it upped the ante
to about 2400 give or take. In keeping with the open source nature of the
project, I didn't want to 'hide' anything so published the actual cost of
the boards.

I'll have about $200 in packaging, and trans shipping costs. I expected that
I would be carrying som inventory at the 400 order level, but we already
have 382 ordered, so inventory may be nil.

I am also sponsoring the Alpha boards for the project leaders, up to about
$700 dollars in personal funds, which I had 'laying around' in my PayPal
account. Although the $51 dollars per board for alphas probably would not
'break' the Project Leaders bank accounts, they ARE supporting the entire
additional cost of prototyping and development. I felt it my part as a
'user' of their dedication and productivity to support that in the name of
the 'user'. When I pay Lyle for the Janus alpha I will have about $365 in
the alpha's. It is to this account, I will add back any accrual, to continue
the support.

This is a great project and great people, it the true spirit of amateur
radio! Many people are contributing to make it work.

Thanks

Eric

  _____