[hpsdr] Janus BoM with Mouser part #'s

Len Nunn len.nunn at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Jun 5 04:37:38 PDT 2006

Dear all,
First of all I should like to echo others by thanking the contributors
to this Group for their selfless attitudes and infectious enthusiasm.
For example, I have never personally used FPGAs but this project would
seem to provide the opportunities for experimentation here beyond any of
the initial aims which can then be adopted/adapted by those using a
'standard' hardware platform. Please excuse me for stating the obvious!

If, as it appears, a key component of Janus (the AK5394), even at Alpha
stage, is looking hard to obtain, then it would seem worthwhile to
secure at least enough for the first set of Janus boards that will be
produced. As someone signed up for a Janus board, I would be happy to
commit in advance the $15 or so necessary for an AK5394 , given that
without this chip the Janus PCB would be useless. But this is still
depending on someone else, probably US-based, to co-ordinate the
gathering/ordering....

Len G6YZB