[hpsdr] Casmir System Requirements

Christopher T. Day CTDay at lbl.gov
Thu Jun 8 10:11:59 PDT 2006

Just as a reminder, the RefLock II should be thought of as a _platform_
for making PLLs, GPS disciplined loops, etc. As actual hardware, its
functionality is undefined and depends completely on the configuration
loaded into the CPLD. There are some pre-compiled configurations
available from Luis, but he is contractually forbidden from releasing
the source since he did it for another paying customer. Anybody is free
to develop their own VHDL/Verilog source for RefLock II through the free
Quartus II Altera development environment that has been used for Xylo,
Janus, Ozy, etc. Making a fractional N machine is "only a matter of
software". Remember, even our hardware is really software on these
projects.

I would suggest that the RefLock II could be used as a Gibraltar
prototyping system similar to the way PhilH and Bill have been using the
Xylo board for prototyping Janus.

            Chris - AE6VK

  _____